Friday, January 9, 2009

The need to break routine and get offline sometimes:

Sometimes we need to refresh. Other times, we need to assimilate and absorb new information. Last week, I was off work. My wife & I spent 5 evenings of it at Borders with tea & books. I was doing serious reading on Web 2.0 subjects from several sources, getting good sleep, really in a good space for learning. It opened up all kinds of ideas and possibilities, some in-progress already and some yet to come. I have new avenues of research to pursue as well. Sometimes, we get so good at and caught up in what we're already doing, we forget to open up space for new and better things to come into our lives. Breaking the pattern several times a year is good if you can. Take a Bit Break!

Thank you for reading!

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment